ME 3460: Robot Dynamics and Control
Lecture - 4 credits
- Covers fundamental components and mechanisms of robotic systems and their multidisciplinary nature.
- Introduces the robot’s kinematics, dynamics, and control.
- Presents a quick overview of forward and inverse kinematics, robot dynamics, as well as path planning and control techniques.
- Topics also include dynamic modeling and analysis of mechanically, electrically, and magnetically driven hydraulic and pneumatic drives; kinematics and motion analysis of linkages; as well as sensing technologies (e.g., position, linear and angular displacements, velocity and acceleration, force and torque sensors) used in robotic systems.
- Presents kinematics and control of automatic machinery and manufacturing processes, automatic assembly, and inspection robotic systems as representative examples.
Covers fundamental components and mechanisms of robotic systems and their multidisciplinary nature. Show more.