ME 5240: Computer Aided Design and Manufacturing
Lecture - 4 credits
- Covers basic aspects of computer graphics and CAD/CAM.
- Topics include hardware and software concepts, generic structure of CAD/CAM software and its modules, and CAD/CAM database structure.
- Also covers the parametric representations of curves, surfaces, solids, and features that are widely used in existing commercial CAD/CAM systems.
- Discusses geometrical transformations, CAD/CAM data exchange formats, prototyping techniques, and PDM.
- Presents applications such as mass properties calculations, assemblies, mechanical tolerancing, simulation, finite element mesh generation, process planning and CAPP, CNC part programming, and Web-based CAD/CAM.
Covers basic aspects of computer graphics and CAD/CAM. Show more.