MGSC 6281: Service Innovation and Management
Lecture - 3 credits
- Examines innovation in services and the internal management of business processes.
- Uses a framework of service/process redesign.
- Emphasizes strategic initiatives and key organizational change elements critical for improving services to customers; increasing profitability; and building long-term customer loyalty across multiple industry sectors, including information technology, healthcare, financial services, and government.
- Introduces the various strategic aspects of process improvement in the delivery of services, including managing change and the resulting impact on the organization, supply-chain management in the service industry, process improvement, overcoming organizational resistance, customer involvement, empowerment, and the role of leadership in managing operations.
- Through guided project work, offers students an opportunity to apply these concepts to services and internal business processes at their own organizations.
Examines innovation in services and the internal management of business processes. Show more.