MUSI 3351: Music and Social Justice
Lecture - 4 credits
- Introduces theories of ethics, morality, and equality and strategies to advance social justice—to ensure equality and human dignity for all people—through music.
- Explores the music industry as both a microcosm of society and amplifier of our collective ethics.
- On stage, on the record, and through direct action, musicians worldwide use their art and renown to serve social movements.
- Many also face equality and equity challenges within the music industry.
- As future professionals, students may either challenge or reinforce the injustices they encounter in their professional and personal lives.
- Through critical discourse on professional ethics in the music business and service-learning projects requiring direct community engagement, seeks to empower students to make a lifelong commitment to ethical decision making and advancing social justice.
Introduces theories of ethics, morality, and equality and strategies to advance social justice—to ensure equality and human dignity for all people—through music. Show more.