NRSG 2210: Influences on Health and Illness: A Nursing Perspective
Lecture - 3 credits
- Offers a context within which students have an opportunity to begin to understand, develop, and nurture a professional nursing identity.
- Through situated learning within a model of whole-person care, the student may utilize clinical imagination and reasoning to explore culturally mediated behaviors and meanings that are ascribed to health and illness experiences across the life span.
- Empirical, personal, ethical, and aesthetic ways of knowing create a framework for personal reflection and reflexivity.
- Integrated learning strategies guide the beginner's study of communication and relationships with patients, families, and providers.
- Guiding course principles include foundations of the nursing profession, nursing self-care and well-being, compassionate care, social justice, and quality and safety.
Offers a context within which students have an opportunity to begin to understand, develop, and nurture a professional nursing identity. Show more.