NRSG 4604: Public Health Community Nursing
Lecture - 3 credits
- Introduces population-focused nursing and applies the nursing process to the community as client.
- Examines evidence-based health-promotion strategies in a variety of community settings.
- Addresses core functions and essential services of public health, and introduces epidemiological and economic concepts and models.
- Emphasizes the involvement of the community/public health nurse in ethical issues and health policy, focusing on vulnerable populations in giving cultural and linguistic-competent care.
- Examines community-based strategies and interprofessional collaboration to care for underserved populations in both urban and suburban communities.
- Emphasizes the community/public health nurse as a population-focused care provider, case manager, deliverer of quality nursing care, care coordinator, critical thinker, liaison between agencies, and nursing researcher.
Introduces population-focused nursing and applies the nursing process to the community as client. Show more.