NRSG 6265: Care of Child/Adolescent Health Problems
Lecture - 3 credits
- Builds upon the knowledge and skills gained in NRSG 6264.
- Seeks to further develop within the student the intellectual and attitudinal competencies necessary to successfully perform as a primary healthcare provider.
- Focuses on acute and chronic health problems seen in infants through young adults, Encompasses assessment, diagnosis, and management of children with acute and stabilized chronic illness, genetic and reproductive health issues, nutritional concerns, dermatology, sports and activity-related injuries, and perinatal care.
- Considers family, cultural, and community context.
- Emphasizes the nurse practitioner role, including the development of consultation and referral skills.
Builds upon the knowledge and skills gained in NRSG 6264. Show more.