NRSG 6421: Adult-Gerontology Acute-Care Nursing Practicum 2
Off-campus instruction w/ lec - 4 credits
- Continues NRSG 6420.
- Offers students individualized experiences in the role of practitioner, educator, and manager.
- Facilitated by assignment to a clinical preceptor, students focus on the provision of care to adults (including older adults) experiencing complex, critical, and chronic health problems.
- Demonstrates how to assess, diagnose, and manage illnesses in the acute-care, chronic, or rehabilitation setting.
- Uses concurrent weekly seminars to focus on the roles of the advanced practice nurse.
- Requires students to practice in the clinical setting a minimum of twenty hours per week.
Continues NRSG 6420. Show more.