NRSG 6481: Psychiatric Practicum across the Life Span 2
Off-campus instruction w/ lec - 5 credits
- Continues NRSG 6480.
- Provides clinical experiences with individuals and families throughout the life span in a mental health setting.
- Requires students to continue to treat a caseload of clients and to practice a minimum of twenty hours per week with an agency preceptor.
- The focus is on planning and providing care, utilizing various treatment modalities, applying theoretical frameworks, prevention of psychiatric problems and promotion of mental health, group process, termination issues, and evaluation of clients' progress.
- Clinical cases provide the basis for discussion in didactic seminar.
- Requires students to complete the activity proposed in NRSG 6480 to meet an identified need in their community or clinical setting.
Continues NRSG 6480. Show more.