PHMD 1201: Introduction to Pharmacy Practice
Lecture - 2.5 credits
- Seeks to prepare pharmacy students for their first introductory pharmacy practice experience (IPPE)/co-op.
- Introduces students to the policies, procedures, and expectations of the Cooperative Education Program.
- Offers students an opportunity to develop the skills needed to be successful in the preparation, activity, and reflection components of the pharmacy co-op program; to prepare their first résumés; and to learn proper interviewing techniques.
- Exposes students to the various co-op opportunities available to them as well as potential career paths within the pharmacy profession.
- Covers workplace issues including diversity, sexual harassment, ethics, and confidence of information.
- Introduces students to the technical knowledge and skills required for their first pharmacy experiences in both community and institutional pharmacy practice and to drug information resources.
- Offers students an opportunity to develop basic communication skills to aid them in successful completion of their first IPPE.
Seeks to prepare pharmacy students for their first introductory pharmacy practice experience (IPPE)/co-op. Show more.