PHMD 5560: Applied Drug Information
Lecture - 2 credits
- Offers students an opportunity to obtain the skills necessary to become effective providers of drug information.
- An effective provider assesses drug information needs and evaluates, applies, and communicates data from the published literature and other sources to optimize patient care.
- Designed to help students develop applied drug information skills important to the pharmacist in areas of formulary support, health informatics, medication error and adverse event reporting, and quality assurance.
- Students complete a variety of active learning exercises, including multiple evidence-based written drug information responses and a current events analysis.
- Emphasizes writing for a variety of audiences, including pharmacists, other healthcare providers, and the lay public, as well as use of peer review.
Offers students an opportunity to obtain the skills necessary to become effective providers of drug information. Show more.