PHSC 1001: Introduction to Contemporary Pharmaceutical Sciences
Lecture - 1 credit
- Introduces multiple aspects of the contemporary pharmaceutical sciences.
- Explores how these disciplines are used to solve real-world medical problems.
- Offers students an opportunity to learn about foundational concepts in pharmacology; drug development and translational medicine; and the nexus of biotechnology, engineering, industry, entrepreneurship, and the career landscape for scientists.
- Discussion-based classes that introduce fundamental concepts are followed by student-driven classes that explore the real-world application and societal context of the material.
- Seeks to help students interested in pharmaceutical sciences to identify and interact with like-minded students and faculty researchers.
Introduces multiple aspects of the contemporary pharmaceutical sciences. Show more.