PHSC 5400: Principles of Drug Design
Lecture - 3 credits
- Studies important aspects of drug discovery and development with a focus on drug design.
- Covers basic organic medicinal chemistry concepts and seeks to build students' skills in lead compound discovery, structure-activity relationship studies, and lead optimization strategies.
- Topics include the fundamentals of pharmacology, pharmacokinetics, and pharmacodynamics of therapeutic agents relevant to the drug-structure optimization.
- These skills often help develop a strong foundation in the concepts that govern the multidisciplinary process of drug discovery.
- Uses lectures and peer-reviewed seminar presentations to help students to incrementally increase their knowledge required to identify new, marketable therapeutic agents.
- Requires organic or medicinal chemistry at the undergraduate level.
Studies important aspects of drug discovery and development with a focus on drug design. Show more.