PHTH 2515: Healthcare Policy and Administration
Lecture - 4 credits
- Focuses on management and policy issues in healthcare.
- Discusses management and administrative structures in hospitals and other healthcare organizations, including community clinics and health organizations, both private and public.
- Introduces the financial systems, economic information, and payment mechanisms necessary to understand healthcare financing.
- Also explores the variety of factors that influence population health from a healthcare policy perspective.
- Offers students an opportunity to learn how to analyze, prepare, and write policy briefs based on understanding the various economic, legal, and political forces shaping healthcare in the United States.
Focuses on management and policy issues in healthcare. Show more.