PHYS 1122: Modern Science: A Voyage into Matter, Life, and Mind
Lecture - 4 credits
- Offers an intellectual voyage into matter, life, and mind—the three pillars of modern science.
- It is a mosaic of different themes that offer a concise overview of science's greatest minds, ideas, questions, discoveries, theories, and methods while placing all of them within their historical contexts.
- Emphasizes the profound scientific revolutions of the 20th century—quantum mechanics, biogenetics, and artificial intelligence—that unlocked the secrets of the atom, unraveled the molecule of life, and created the electronic computer.
- Recognizes significant trends across a wide range of subjects, including medicine, biotechnology, computing and communicating, artificial intelligence and artificial life, and robotics.
- Discusses the synergism of science, technology, and business on future scientific development.
Offers an intellectual voyage into matter, life, and mind—the three pillars of modern science. Show more.