PHYS 1145: Physics for Life Sciences 1
Lecture - 4 credits
- Covers mechanics, fluids, and temperature and kinetic theory.
- The application of physics to a variety of problems in the life and health sciences is emphasized.
- Mechanics topics include one-dimensional motion, forces, vectors, Newton's laws, equilibrium, work, energy, and power.
- Fluids topics include density, pressure, buoyancy, fluids in motion, viscosity, and surface tension.
- Temperature and kinetic theory topics include temperature, thermal equilibrium, gas laws, ideal gas law, kinetic theory, vapor pressure, and diffusion.
- A laboratory is included.
Covers mechanics, fluids, and temperature and kinetic theory. Show more.