PHYS 1147: Physics for Life Sciences 2
Lecture - 4 credits
- Continues PHYS 1145.
- Covers heat, electricity, vibrations and waves, sound, geometrical optics, and nuclear physics and radioactivity.
- The application of physics to a variety of problems in the life and health sciences is emphasized.
- Electricity topics include electrostatics, capacitance, resistivity, direct-current circuits, and RC circuits.
- Vibrations and waves topics include simple harmonic motion and wave motion.
- Sound topics include wave characteristics, the ear, Doppler effect, shock waves, and ultrasound.
- Optics topics include reflection, mirrors, refraction, total internal reflection, fiber optics, lenses, the eye, telescopes, and microscopes.
- Nuclear physics and radioactivity topics include atomic nucleus, radioactivity, half-life, radioactive dating, detectors, nuclear reaction, fission, fusion, radiation damage, radiation therapy, PET, and MRI.
- A laboratory is included.
Continues PHYS 1145. Show more.