POLS 3405: International Political Economy
Lecture - 4 credits
- Addresses international political economy and how we can understand the phenomenon of globalization.
- Introduces the interaction between international politics and international economics in industrial countries and in developing countries.
- Covers several theoretical approaches to international political economy.
- Then analyzes some of the classic issue areas of international trade relations; foreign direct investment and outsourcing; the international monetary and financial system and the role of international institutions; debt and financial crises; and poverty and inequality.
- Concludes with analysis of how international political economy issues relate to governance, development, and the politics of economic reform.
Addresses international political economy and how we can understand the phenomenon of globalization. Show more.