POLS 3500: Sexuality, Gender, and the Law
Lecture - 4 credits
- Examines the legal regulation of gender and sexuality.
- Investigates concrete legal cases to study the history of constitutional interpretation and the current status of rights for women and sexual minorities.
- Focuses on important theoretical issues emerging in the writings of diverse feminist and queer legal scholars.
- Addresses debates over the value of conventional equality approaches in legal doctrine; equality vs. difference perspectives; ways in which legal language constructs gender and sexuality; the incorporation of sexuality and gender in ideologies of law; and the intersections of gender, sexuality, and race in legal doctrine and legal theory.
- PHIL 3500, POLS 3500, and WMNS 3500 are cross-listed.
Examines the legal regulation of gender and sexuality. Show more.