Pub Policy and Urban Affairs
PPUA 6201: The 21st-Century City: Urban Opportunities and Challenges in a Global Context
Lecture - 4 credits
- Offers a multidisciplinary examination of the complexities of cities and urbanism in the 21st century.
- Focuses on U.
- S. cities, but in an international context.
- Considers forces that shaped the evolution of cities and metropolitan regions and global forces that are currently transforming cities and regions throughout the world.
- Explores key questions of urban well-being, rising racial and ethnic inequality, civic engagement, and sustainability.
- Focuses on the role of urban planning in creating conditions of racial segregation and environmental injustice in cities and its potential role in the current period in undoing this damage.
Offers a multidisciplinary examination of the complexities of cities and urbanism in the 21st century. Show more.