Pub Policy and Urban Affairs
PPUA 7346: Resilient Cities
Seminar - 4 credits
- Examines the characteristics of resilient cities, especially those located in coastal regions.
- Investigates the capacity of cities to respond to major disruptions to their social and ecological systems.
- Includes extensive use of case studies, such as the 2004 Indian Ocean tsunami and Hurricane Katrina in 2005, as well as readings on cities and social systems.
- Offers students an opportunity to analyze an urban area and provide recommendations for improving its resilience.
- POLS 7346 and PPUA 7346 are cross-listed.
Examines the characteristics of resilient cities, especially those located in coastal regions. Show more.