PSYC 4540: Quantitative Topics in Psychology and Behavioral Neuroscience
Lecture - 4 credits
- Surveys key quantitative topics in psychology and behavioral neuroscience.
- Emphasizes theory and modeling, not statistics.
- Specific topics vary, but all are drawn from domains in which mathematics and computation play a significant role.
- Topics may include Fourier analysis with applications to vision and hearing, neural circuit computation, signal detection theory applied to human and nonhuman animals' decisions, measurement of sensory magnitudes in vision and hearing, the linear algebraic theory of color matching in humans, and analysis and models of human response time.
- Students complete weekly readings and a final project, typically involving use of software for data analysis.
Surveys key quantitative topics in psychology and behavioral neuroscience. Show more.