PT 5150: Motor Control, Development, and Learning
Lecture - 4 credits
- Covers three broad areas—motor control, motor development, and motor learning.
- Examines neural, behavioral, and physical mechanisms that contribute to the control of movement in humans.
- Focuses on motor control in healthy persons, with some discussion of alterations associated with musculoskeletal and neural impairment.
- Addresses motor development and maturation from intrauterine life through old age (senescence).
- Considers the interaction of body-system development and growth on acquisition of and changes in typical skill development.
- Examines factors that influence the learning of new motor skills (motor learning) as a result of practice.
Covers three broad areas—motor control, motor development, and motor learning. Show more.