TELE 6350: Unified Communications and Collaboration
Lecture - 4 credits
- Explores the technologies that underlie unified communications and collaboration (UCC) applications and communications networks.
- With the migration of communications infrastructure to the cloud, a democratization of communications is underway that allows customers to build powerful UCC applications on top of networks managed by service providers.
- UCC applications integrate audio and video conferencing, messaging, virtual whiteboards, and enhanced call control capabilities.
- Major topics include architecture of communication networks, IP-based voice, video and messaging protocols, public cloud-based communications, browser-based communications, and Communications Platforms-as-a-Service (CPaaS).
- Uses class projects to offer students an opportunity to get hands-on experience in addressing real-world problems in UCC communications infrastructure, services, and applications.
Explores the technologies that underlie unified communications and collaboration (UCC) applications and communications networks. Show more.