THTR 1260: Movement for the Actor
Studio - 4 credits
- Explores movement techniques that enhance the actor's expressiveness, performance energy, and body awareness.
- Offers students an opportunity to experience diverse movement training theories such as Suzuki, Alexander, and Laban and synthesize them in the creation of an original ensemble-based performance.
- Focuses on physical exercises and processes that strengthen the body; enliven the imagination; enhance concentration; and improve flexibility, balance, relaxation, and posture.
- Seeks to empower actors to externalize the emotional and imaginative inner experience and maximize stage presence and power.
- No previous movement or acting experience required.
Explores movement techniques that enhance the actor's expressiveness, performance energy, and body awareness. Show more.